From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:22:38 EST
Chemigation is putting pesticides into water.  From what I've learned:  1) it
can be combinations of chemicals, 2) drip systems leak, 3) bees collect
water at leaks, and 4) its no secret - after all, the method even has a  name.

Apparently, almost anything can be applied this way, including fertilizers,
pesticides.  One would hope that there are warnings about combining  chemicals
- the synergisms could be interesting, if not worrisome.  I can  see the cost
benefit to the grower - just add it to the irrigation water.   But, this
could make for new routes of exposure to bees.   Jerry
**************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
neighborhood today.