From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 08:42:18 -0600
Pete,  SHB  would not be transported with queens  They will hang in a cluster (confirmed them in swarms myself) and will travel in packages with fine screen as well as eggs in comb,  and adults in hives.   They would also probably transport in some fruits or vegetables.
While they mainly travel at night,  I would suspect much like vampires,  they would seek refuge in daylight in a less than optimal situation,  such as a box of fruit.  We see them around hives,  but I would bet in search of hives at night,  some get caught out in the open...

FYI  my reference to vampires  was just because its Halloween....

Charles