From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:31:28 -0500
Hello Scot,

*If* Bob Cox said that no legal treatment for varroa seems to be working
then he needs to get into another line of work as both Miteaway 2/apilife
var and apigard work fine AS LONG as the varroa load is not above
threshold. Then nothing will save the hive.

I have spoken with commercial beekeepers which are still getting control
with apistan & checkmite although not in my neck of the woods.

I have tested all three of the above soft treatments with good results.
Close attention needs to be paid to temps and making sure applications are
done at the correct times.

The small cell crowd is very very small. Almost too small as to count in a
*survey* of *methods* to control varroa.

fact:
 Most beekeepers are using some sort of treatment. I am also amazed at the
number of beekeepers which buy Russian bees and survivor bees and still
treat.

You have made lots of claims but nothing to back up your claims. For all we
know all your bees are dead and your boxes filled with wax moth. Same with
me except you can see pictures of my hives in bee magazines. Check those
big slabs of brood in my last ABJ article.

My bees are doing great without small cell but over the last five or so
years i have hit some ( not all and only when needed) with one of the three
soft LEGAL methods talked about above.

The survivor yards have never been treated.

My question :
"why should I go to small cell if I am having such success with soft
treatments? "

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison