From:
Peter Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 16:45:53 -0600
I am a new subscriber to BEE-L. What a wonderful thing!
Thank you
Allen Dick for providing the access info on your home page.
I have a question about rob or open barrel feeding.
All the bee
literature I read cautions against rob feeding for the disease spreading
aspect etc. But has anyone done any research on this to really support
this or is this just a common sense type of thing; something passed down
from our forefathers?
A lot of beekeepers in
Alberta do practice rob feeding. I think in most other jurisdictions the
practice is illegal or frowned upon.
It is a recent thing in Alberta since wintering became the only way to go
since the U.S.border was closed to package bees in 1987.
If any one can provide me with any info on research done on open barrel
or rob feeding I'd be grateful.Also if you have any positive comments
about the practice other than that it is quick and easy I'd look forward
to seeing them.
Thanks,
Peter Wilson.