From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 20:37:45 -0500
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/10/30/1314571110
http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1314571110

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/11/do-bees-know-what-they-dont-know/

Are bees refusing to make a choice when they don't have enough information?
This would imply that they KNOW that they don't have enough information.
Could this be evidence that bees make conscious self-aware, self-reflective
decisions?

Or were the bees simply reacting to conditioning, and avoiding the feeders
closer to dead center on the dividing line as they were more likely to
contain bitter quinine rather than sweet sugar?

I think it would be fair to say that we know we don't have enough
information about whether bees know if they have enough information,
but I enjoy nesting several levels of commentary into one sentence.