From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:24:25 -0600
Hello   Tom and  All ,

  I apologize for my computer putting out equals. My computer guru could not fix the problem last week but a new program is going to be downloaded Sunday to fix the problem.

Tom wrote:

The shelves in UK supermarkets are virtually denuded of honey due to
streptomycin having been found in Chinese Honey. Chinese honey constitutes
the bulk of the honey imported into the UK. It appears that China is using
streptomycin to handle AFB as resistance to terramycin is now widespread.

My friends which took the China beekeeping tour a few years back reported the government chooses the method of treatment for all hives (which are government owned) and then the meds are passed to the beekeepers. My guess is streptomycin has been government distributed and *ALL* hives have been treated by the same method.

*old news*

Apistan was never sold in China. Sticks with fluvalinate were distributed by the government for varroa control.

Illegal in the U.S. but passed out in China yet Chinese honey was allowed sold in the U.S. .

Most china honey was  distributed by packers with only random testing . Packers are on the honor system. (kind of like the wolf policing the chicken pen).

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison