From:
Kathryn Kerby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 2015 08:23:49 -0800
The topic of cover cropping came up recently here, in the context of how
croplands are managed (or can be managed) for beneficial insects (including
honeybees).  So when this crossed my desk this morning, I figured I'd share.
It's a joint publication from the USDA's SARE (Sustainable Agriculture
Research & Education) and Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS),
with input from Xerces Society and publication funding from ATTRA
(Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas).    I know Xerces Society
does not have a favorable reputation on this list and for good reason.  I
won't get into whether they should or should not be contributing authors.  I
just wanted to share an example of the types of reports and handbooks which
are often freely available to producers who wish to improve their overall
farm management, productivity, cost effectiveness and stewardship of
beneficial insects.  Lots and lots of resources out there for those who are
interested, and now we have another one.  Enjoy your reading!

http://www.sare.org/Newsroom/Press-Releases/Supporting-Pollinators-with-Cove
r-Crops

Kathryn Kerby

Frogchorusfarm.com