From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2018 20:15:48 -0500
I was just reading along, until...

> I find that monitoring the infestation
> level of the adult bees is the best
> indicator of colony morbidity due
> to varroa/DWV.

How, exactly?

My impression has always been that by the time one can actually see varroa
on bees when inspecting a hive, the hive is already irrevocably doomed.
Drop counts and shakes/rolls are how I thought we monitored varroa so that
we could gather useful actionable data, and avoid having things get out of
control.

(Or do I need to visit the ophthalmologist?  He said I had "Presbyopia", but
I told him that was impossible, as our family have been Lutherans since the
1500s.)