From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:52:56 +0100
Chris wrote:

> Sue Cobey ... stressed how important it is to have a wide gene pool

> She suggests (if I can decipher my scrawled notes) selecting for maybe  7
> traits and scoring each colony 0-5 for each of the desired traits.

Of course this makes a great deal of sense, but I still feel that it is
worth scoring for more traits, even if the data are not of immediate use.
By limiting the number of traits assessed, information that may be of use at
a later date will not be recorded - you cannot go back to assess a queen
after she is dead!

Best wishes
Peter Edwards
beekeepers at stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk