From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 06:59:56 -0500

Hey Bob,

how goes it ? You must of mis read the first post about Mendes, Bob D is correct , Mendes uses buckets, the ones I seen were 5 gallon, with lids with small holes in the top of the lids, like 3/32 I think same as we use on 2 gallon buckets.
They are placed on pallets,turned upside down and  stacked on top of each other and in essence make a weeping drip station. I think the idea is to stimulate bees from flying out and bringing it back in.
Which even though he's only 80 or so miles to my south , it' s warmer from being next to the coast during the winter time and bees can fly most all days ,except the coldest, but weak ones to me are better served bring the feed to them in most cases.

In his area, there are tens of thousands of other bees,  and we all get a free lunch sometimes, complete with the mixed mouthful that Jerry mentioned. To me i had rather put it in inside feeders or buckets on the hives, but seeing how he has way more bees than me and pays the bill on way way more hired help, I can't say it doesn't work well,  its one of those cases of that's the way he wants it done and it does the job for there outfit ,it' s just not the method of choice I would use