From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:16:46 -0700
To all beekeepers, mark your calendars and plan on attending the annual
meeting of the Western Apicultural Society, July 2004 in the Garden City,
Missoula, MT.  We are aiming for July 11-14th.

Its a great time to visit Montana and talk about bees.  Our daily maximum
temperature is 83 degrees. With a population of about 82,000 a good bus
system, bike paths, and more bicycles than almost any other community in
the U.S., Missoula is easy to get around. Home to The University of
Montana, at the confluence of five mountain valleys, Missoula is the place
to be in the summer.

We've got one of the first fully hand-carved carousel built in America
since the Great Depression. We are only three hours from Glacier Park and
about one-half day from Yellowstone Park.  We're planning a tour day that
will go to the National Bison Range, then to Western Bee's equipment
fabrication plant in Polson, and will end with a Barbecue on Flathead Lake,
the largest inland lake west of the Mississippi.

We're working on a great program, and will be coordinating workshops and
conferences with other groups, such as the Native Plants Society, and one
or more of the Pollinator conservation groups.  Of course, we have to bring
in the bear experts, since the U.S. Fish an  Wildlife bear recovery program
is located here.  We might even get a visit from Monte,the back-flipping,
motorcycle-riding Grizzly, who's out to defend his title as the Nation's
No. 1 mascot.

Please join us at The University of Montana for a program of fascinating
and varied speakers, panels, workshops, and fun activities.  Its a great
place to combine a conference and a vacation.

Jerry Bromenshenk, President
Western Apiculture Society

P.S.  Check out http://www.montana.com/missoula/

We are working on a WAS Conference page and will let you know when it is
launched.