From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:34:03 -0800
Bob:
Have you ever seen a nasty hive of AHB? They are small for
the most part and usually around 5000 bees. However they
all come at you at once.

Reply:
Bob, I have never seen a hive like that that come at you
all at once. Really! and I have worked bees and lots of
them for many years since a teen, and I do handle all the
swarm traps for the Tucson and GreenValley Gold courses and
still have not seen what you describe. Sure makes one
wonder what the differences are, like chemical usage in
ones area, and soil treatments, farming ways that could get
such things going........and or types of bees interfacing
beekeeper to beekeeper perhaps......just dunno, for have
really never seen this. Even after the recent conference
here and picking up knocked over equipment with no smoker
for the most part, just didn't see whole hives doing this,
and several beekeepers were out with me looking at yards
too. If killers we should have all be attacked and covered
from head to foot from what you describe, but we weren't.

Anyway, anytime you wish to see my bees you still can......
just so you can observe and try to see a difference to
explain this happening sorta.

Dee

Be a better friend, newshound, and