From:
Nick The Beeman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:24:32 EST

<<
 Pros and cons!

 If you can get 'em and if you can afford 'em and can rely on a good
 product from the supplier, you're always better off gettin' nucs than
 package bees.  A nuc gets you anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks head start
 over packages.  So even if you have to wait a month longer for a nuc than
 a package, you're still ahead of the game.  However, for first timers,
 packages may be better from a learning curve point of view.  A package
 affords you the opportunity to learn from a smaller, slower teaching
 population.

  When I started  WE Bought A NUC from Erwin Glew(old Branch mang. of Dadants)

I would do It again in a heart beat!  Pacs are to almost hard to get soon
enough sometimes.  Splits I think are good to Not as expensive but may be hard
to get!

 So as he Said:  If you can get 'em and if you can afford 'em and can rely on
a good
 product from the supplier, you're always better off gettin' nucs than
 package bees.

My idea GET THE NUC!!!!!

Nick behrens   14 years (old)  12 hives