From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:38:38 -0400
Brian Fredericksen wrote:

> Sir you are partially incorrect: (do you own stock in these chem companies you seem so fond of ?)

Wish I did, especially Monsanto. Unbelievable return on investment
over the past couple of years.

The key is still that the so called cosmetic chemicals are still not
banned but have to be identified and the reasons for banning backed up
by at least bad science. And that will not happen until next April.

Which, and I repeat for the umpteenth time, was the whole reason for
all the posts on this subject, your desire to ban all "cosmetic" lawn
chemical, science be damned. Even the Canadians disagree with that
since they have exceptions and those nasty chemicals will still be
manufactured and used in Canada.

And, if you did look at all the posts I have made on the BeeL you
would know that I practice organic farming and do not use pesticides.
But what I do as a small gardener has little carryover to large
farming operations, just as what I do as a two to four colony hobby
beekeeper has little to do with an outfit with 30,000 colonies.

What I defend is not the large chemical companies, but the Luddite
approach that some have toward manufactured chemicals and the painting
of LARGE CORPORATIONS as totally bereft of any moral or scientific
base. There are examples of that, but if you pick up your local paper
you will see small time lapses of the same morality. The reason they
make the papers are that they are the exception.

Truth is, I have no problem if the whole of Canada bans all pesticides
for any use. They could even ban free speech.... but then again, they
already have.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine