From:
"Burbidge, Brian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:04:00 PST
Based on the recent items about hive materials I have been asked by  members
of our local bee association if anyone can provide information on materials
etc that  should not be used for making supers or hive mats etc. I suspect
there are a lot of composit timber products etc that should not be used
because of their chemical compositions etc.  For example some of our members
are using different plastic substances as mats in the tops of hives which
may not be stable or contain undesirables.

Are there particular substance/chemicals  we need to avoid ??

Regards

Brian Burbidge