From:
Marc Sevigny <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues (Was Bee Biology)
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:40:47 -0500
I was wondering when I put an extender patty on this weekend
what the bees do for water in the winter.  Clearly, water is
consumed (and can be visible as condensation in the hive).

When the bees are clustered, and extender patties or dry
sugar is placed on the top bars, do they have difficulty
obtaining enough moisture to consume it?