From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:21:14 -0700
We are planning some work this coming year requiring obtaining and/or raising
hygienic queens.  We plan to try to evaluate this approach, and others, against
traditional medication regimes in hives that have some history of AFB.

Although we specify 'hygienic', we are aware that what we really want is 'AFB
resistant'.

We are looking for pointers on costs, methods, suggestions as to stock, open
mating vs, AI, etc.

Additionally, we are looking for ideas as to how to best get uniformity in
hygienic or anti-AFB characteristics, since any individual queen showing a lack
of a minimum level of the trait could compromise her hive if this becomes a line
of defence.

allen

http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/

Playing Red Rover with AFB