From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2013 06:14:17 -0700
>Clothianidin was granted an unconditional registration for use as a seed

> treatment for corn and canola in April 2010.  I wonder how much of the seed
> treatment had changed from imidacloprid to clothianidin in 2011?

Stan, according to Bayer, imidacloprid was never used for more than 1/2 of
1% of treated corn seed.  The main treatments were clothianidin and
thiamethoxam (clothianidin precursor).  Can anyone on the list verify?

> I did not think imidacloprid was foliar sprayed that much anymore

Stan,  I'm not sure, but if you refer to the crops on which the 266,000 lbs
of imidacloprid was applied in California in 2010, it appears that quite a
bit would be foliar application--see
http://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/pur/pur10rep/chmrpt10.pdf
--
Randy Oliver