From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:19:15 -0700
Peter Edwards:

> With handling as rough as that I am not surprised!  Is this
> normal in the  US?

Reply:
Well, with half bee suit, rubber dishwashing gloves and leg wraps only, didn't consider them pissed off, as they weren't stinging. They were just flying around, and trying to reorient to new locations and old locations at same time, while flying around forage in area of location. At least the field bees were doing this, as someone stole a whole box of their brood and hopefully queen away, though just ripped off and didn't really care if she there or not in strong hives torn apart.

But if pissed off instead of disorientated, would have supposed that we'd have been covered from head to foot with stinging bees of which we were not. though many came to veils due to breathing so close to boxes when opening hives. But if pissed should have been more, but didn't happen. But yet, there should have been more to me if pissed, for to me pissed means wanting to sting, and these bees were not doing that! We were not getting stung, it just put a lot of field bees in air.

But if you look our legs and arms and bodies were not covered with killing bees, nor stinging bees.....Just plenty of field bees in air that are returning home and disorientated, for their homes had been ripped apart and moved sorta!!! Nothing hard. Also something that is done, to me, commercially, in remote locations away from cities, towns and municipalities in western states more then many think........as have visited too many in past to know the difference.

Could say same for many bees in air for doing shakedowns for packages at times I have seen in past done, or mass feeding of large outyards with ditches in countrysides too, or setting boxes down with honey in open to have field bees go home and then at dark take and load, after day time flights is stopeed and over for day.

D-

Be a better friend, newshound, and