From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:52:36 -0500

>How do we unite to stamp out this irresponsible advice?

By posting your opinions on places like this list.

maple syrup, are much cheaper.

Robin...I don't know where you get your information. I live in Vermont...a
major producer of Maple Syrup. I know the industry pretty well...I used to
tap 5000 at one time, and sold my product all over the Northeast States, to
natural food stores. I have never seen Maple Syrup be cheaper than honey.
The 2003 Maple crop sold for about $2.00/pound in the barrel for Fancy
grade...the lightest color.

         There are cheaper "maple" syrups on the market...Log Cabin, Aunt
Jemima, etc, etc...but that is "sugar maple."  :-)  Kinda like your "sugar
honey." Guess which one sells best...yep, more "sugar maple" is sold than
real "Maple Syrup."

Mike