From:
Buckner Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Buckner Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:14:20 -0400
My neighbor and beekeeper has a large quantity of Polycose..the composition
is water and glucose polymers derived from controlled hydrolysis of
cornstarch..the nutrients (per 100 ml) is as follows: calories 200;
carbohydrate,50 g; water, 70g; minerals, calcium 20mg; sodium, 70 mg;
potassium, 6mg; chloride 140mg; and phosphorus 3 mg.  He would like to know
if he could feed this safely to his bees?   The product is still in date
until November 2002  and was used to supplement the diet of children in need
of additional calories..but has been discontinued by the hospital when they
went to another type suppliment...He says it is cornsyurp. I do not
know..thanks..