Date:
Wed, 23 May 2018 09:01:42 -0400
>My question is, what department is behind this? Ag? Revenue? Health? Or just some legislator who's afraid of bees?

>Eugene Makovec

well that's where it gets to be an interesting question. I got into a loud discussion about it on FB with three members of the Empire state honey producers, two of which are also on the AIAC advisory committee to the AGS and Mkt. division.  Even though the ESHPA passed an almost identical resolution in Nov. last year at their meeting, they say it wasn't them. Two other members of both organizations also contacted me offline and stated that they didn't know about the law.  I trust most of these people so that would eliminate ESHPA and Ags. and marketing.  that would only leave as far as I know, Cornell and Emma Mullen trying to get funding from the federal money from the Pollination protection act.  I was going to email the person's sponsoring the bill, but I assume that the information of who requested the bill would probably be private.  anyone else have any information.