From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2012 21:26:13 -0800
--- On Wed, 12/26/12, allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Has anyone tracked queen rearing/grafting times with
>> the moon signs?

> Yes..............though solstice cycles w/moon I would
> call it more for noting and following w/temps.

I don't understand the question and I don't understand
the answer.

reply;
Then you need to buy an almanac for reading the old ways for knowing when to plant and harvest and what to follow.....nothing hard and bees with temps break out pretty much same way, and have talked this for years in getting ready for major grafting in the past for early spring and late fall doings....................

continuing:
What does,"solstice cycles w/moon" mean?
What does, "noting and following w/temps" mean?

reply;
Honeybees with temp controls by race/strain and in tune with spring solstice and fall solstice then go back and for between longlived and shortlived honeybees for starting and ending season...............and been doing this for centuries..........

continuing:
Even a lost week or two week can make a big difference
in northern regions, at least.

reply;
For bees acclimitized locally, not so bad for the  top 10%, and then top 1 percent of these can do much, if you know what to look for....and with me still bedding down yards, and two more yards to go,....still seeing about 1 in 20 hives brooding, though not much, and nice and strong population wise, while most beekeepers (Sep/Oct) in area stopped working and hung it up couple months ago.........and yes, it's cold to me with temps in 20sF/30Fs last couple weeks with ice and snow around now... with mid day in high 50s/low 60sF during hot of day.

Dee