From:
Richard Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:09:28 -0500
Karen

Our prices are the same as yours.  More or less...

My goal is to average right around 6.00 per pound.

Direct retail I sell:
1.5oz jam jar - 2.00
1/2 pound - 4.50
1 pound - 8.00
1 quart - 18.00
1 gallon - 60.00 (which I mainly sell to higher end restaurants)

People are willing to pay top dollar for quality local honey.  Far too
many ifs when buying anything else these days.

I also sell great deal of pollen.  Not too sure about the price yet
since this is the first year I have been selling it in large
quantities.  I sell it 2.00 per ounce and sell it 1, 4.5 and 7.5 ounce
quantities (fit into glass 1.5oz, 1/2 pound, and 1 pound glass jars).

I used to run different prices based on seasonal variety and glass vs.
plastic, but I simply work the math by the pound and offering glass
became more a value added concept for those that like to avoid
plastics.  I live in a region with a population of about 2.5 million.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855