From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:57:36 -0600
The below was on the entomology list and I post to show the millions spent
to *document* the spread of an unstoppable pest brought in like varroa with
our love affair with cheap crap made in Asia.

The spread of varroa is well documented as is the movement of AHb bees from
Brazil.

Millions spent over the years if not billions! Not on solutions but on
documentation.

I see control of a problem or attempts as money well spent but documentation
*in my opinion* is a waste *most* off the time. Especially county to county
movement.

Notice the cost to taxpayers of purchasing, setting, maintaining and
analyzing the traps is never talked about as our grandkids can pay the
costs!

Grumpy old taxpayer.

Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:08 PM
Subject: USDA sets 61,500 traps in 48 states to track the emerald ash