Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:15:50 -0500
> decided it needed a new queen, before the Carniolian queen had completely
> taken over the hive.--For what happened is a queen that appears to lay
> both!!.  This is a hive that has only been allowed to requeen itself, and yet
> this hive still has the mix of Italians and Carniolians after 4 or 5 years.
> He is sure its a newer queen at this point, as he marked the older queen and
> then this newer queen.  I am wondering if anyone has heard of such-and to be
> honest-what the results might be.

Queens mate with multiple drones. If there were a number of both Italian and
Carniolian drones in the area when the queen went on her mating flights then
this is not so unusual.
--

Public schools are just another form of welfare. Keep your kids out of the
welfare system!
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net