From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 13:36:16 +0100
I've received this post from another list.
--------------

 Friends, Ecologists, Beekeepers, Meliponi-keepers and Environmentalists

 The expansion and development of a sustainable and eco-friendly beekeeping,
for the *preservation of Meliponídeos*, for the *maintenance and the control
of the Americas Biodiversity*, for a greater agricultural productivity, for
a greater rationality and lower costs of beekeeping activities, now depends
the considerable knowledge of exotic breeds of bees used for breeding.

 Recent studies conducted by independent researcher, Nikolaos Argyrios
Mitsiotis, creator and founder of APACAME (November 1979) - Associação
Paulista de Apicultores Criadores de Abelhas Melíferas Européias - São Paulo
- Brazil, and his first technical director (1979-1982), bring to light
important information in the form of withdrawal, the impacts caused by
the *invasive
alien species creation*, whose expansion occurs in an uncontrolled manner
and undertakes the environmental sustainability, leading to the
extermination of natives species of flora and fauna.

In Lecture (Palestra) at ESALQ - Piracicaba - São Paulo - Brazil, on
26/04/2005, Mr. Nikolaos presented abundant visual material  and the facts
that lead to the extermination of the species in a *seamless and unsuspected
form*, by the result of *indirect and silent action* of the honey bees *Apis
mellifera scutellata*. I was in the Auditorium of Plant Physiology on that
date and followed his presentation by more than 3 hours.

These studies, originally published in Greece, are translated into
Portuguese/English and can be found through:
http://projapi.multiply.com/journal

His interviews, brought to air in the program *"BIOSFERA"* in 2007 and 2009,
may be checked at the end of each study, accessing the same above link. The
interview on the topic: "How to be a sustainable beekeeper" is very
interesting.

  The issue deserves urgent further consideration and open debate, broad and
unrestricted. Our generation will be severely criticized and blamed for our
children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc ...
if we do nothing.

As a responsible citizen, I issue this statement, fulfilling my duty.

Respectfully

Ricardo Dirickson (5511) 8208-0422
São Paulo - São Paulo - Brazil

--