Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 17:05:22 GMT
My guess, too, is humidity makes for slow nectar curing.  I replace the inner boards with full #4 mesh frames and lift & turn the outer covers some 15 deg so they rest on the mesh frame rims for the whole summer.  Keeps bee beard next to nothing and allows plenty of air flow for faster nectar curing.

Waldemar