Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 19:03:07 GMT
>>I am sorry but I do feel that you are scaremongering (I know
several people who have prostate cancer) and they are not as scared
of it as you apparently are. <...> Can we have details of the
research on this.

Almost 29,000 deaths in 2003 is scary - it's the second deadliest
cancer in the US.  I am not talking about enlarged prostate but about
prostate cancer.  Take a look at what Ohio State University Medical
Center has to say about it:

http://medicalcenter.osu.edu/patientcare/healthinformation/otherhealth
topics/ProstateHealth/ProstateCancer/ProstateCancerStatistics/

There are numerous web sites stating bee venom's positive effect on
prostate [and other] cancer [but the results of controlled studies
are tough to find!].  One example is the American Cancer Society's
website:

http://72.14.209.104/search?
q=cache:slSIeklnY54J:www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Apith
erapy.asp%3Fsitearea%
3DETO+bee+stings+prostate+cancer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=15&gl=us

The same ACS website mentions the following study:

'Russell PJ, Hewish D, Carter T, Sterling-Levis K, Ow K, Hattarki M,
Doughty L, Guthrie R, Shapira D, Molloy PL, Werkmeister JA, Kortt AA.
Cytotoxic properties of immunoconjugates containing melittin-like
peptide 101 against prostate cancer: in vitro and in vivo studies.
Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2004;53(5):411-421'

I will try to locate the text of the results.  Hopefully, the results
were positive.  I would like to learn the dose amounts, application
schedules etc.

Waldemar