From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:37:04 -0800
Randy,
I still have over 1,000 deeps of setting 5.0mm to 5.1mm
sizng drawn comb up in the hills to bring in and melt down
the bees refuse to swarm into and use any more, going
instead into the cavites in center emptied for baits. The
bees go in and make SC in the cavities and ignore the
bigger and have done so for years. This you can ask even
ole Allen here about, for it because a big joke with Ed and
me for showing what,how the bees avoid when given a choice,
and to force clean bees back onto a system to me is crazy
when all around us beekeepers keeping bees on same have
problems......

FWIW to you the few I did following jivving by Allen a few
years back now didn't last long, and  probalby didn't tell
him then because he'd come back saying do more, and we
simply stopped when the bees got sick,reshook them down and
kept on with the SC we were doing.

You want to make a project have fun! It will keep you
occupied. My fun is having healthy bees again. Also I went
thru that 8 year loop of disaster and somehow don't like to
repeat self over and over for it too time consuming and
then old Bob here will come in and say I told you so, etc
and don't need that anymore.

I consider LC to me a closed case and very sad
unfortunately for what it has done, for a started
experiment that somehow when wrong, never to be ended in
some time loop of repeating and repeating.

Sorry but that is how somehow I see you in asking this.....

Randy, just learn to follow your bees needs...but then some
want excitement, but is it worth it?

Regards,

Dee

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail