From:
Wayne Pitts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 20:46:59 -0700
"What would be the best interior finished wall using PEX in walls? I would think Sheetrock/Drywall finish would shrink and crack to much. Metal studs with metal lathe and plaster or DuraRock with ceramic tile?"

I have PEX under hardwood is the living areas.  It is embedded in concrete in the bathroom tiled areas.  When I was a teenager, I lived in a house that has radiant heat in the ceiling sandwiched between two layer of sheetrock.  These are three examples.  I probably would use metal studs for the wall, with 4 inch foam epoxied to the studs.  This would give an envelope that has no thermal breaks.  Then use Quick Trax or Warmboard epoxied to the foam. Install the PEX.  Given this will be a honey house I would then cover the PEX with 1/2 inch plywood.  This type of appkication would need to be passed by an engineer, to insure the holding power of the epoxy and foam.  Wouldn't want the wall to fall on you.

Wayne