From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:42:15 -0400
Brad Henry wrote:

> This individual could have died due to bee stings,
> anaphylaxis, strangulation from his ex-wife, whatever. Could, should, and did
> are different things.  Odds on bet is that he had coronary artery disease and
> it was his time.  Just like lots of other folks every day.  It just doesn't
> make as good paper copy if he wasn't killed by bees.

For those who may have missed the latest on this tragedy, the medical
examiners did say he died of heart failure and the bee stings were not
the cause. They checked his blood and found no venom or reaction to the
bee stings. They actually did a very good job in finding out just what
killed him.

But, the bees were aggressive and were destroyed. Where they came from
is still not clear, but it was said that he told a neighbor about the
swarm he had captured.

In all, what I have seen showed the press to be exceptionally fair in
this incident and the medical examiners to be very competent in getting
the truth out.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, ME