From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:00:30 -0600
> What is bakers blend

I have always used the term baker's honey to mean darker honey.  I sell it
to people who what to use in cookies and the like.  Bakers prefer this
because is has more taste and the eater can tell there is honey in the
product.  Because honey makes it special, they want it to me more noticeable
than the lighter, milder honey is.

Now, the "blend" part would make me worry.  Unless it means a blend of
honeys including darker honey...

Many recipes call for honey and other sweeteners.  I guess that is a blend.
But I would be unhappy to have the honey and other sweeteners premixed.

Come to think of it, I have some dark honey that would be great in oatmeal
cookies.  Thanks for the thought.

Larry Krengel

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:                                       *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm                               *