From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 11:51:52 -0400
From what I see and have tested so far,  there are a couple of factors
besides hogwash at play.  Brood breaks, constant manipulations, and unknown
supercedures seem to be what's really going on.

Another thing that they fail to be honest about is mortality rate, as I have said. Even the studies of Russian vs VSH vs Italian showed extremely high mortality. What good are mite resistant bees if they die anyway?

For example, I was going to try mite resistant bees from Brand X for three years, which is the test. If they can live three years without crashing from mites, they are mite resistant in my book.

But, all of them but one are already dead, didn't live one year. Of course, I will begin again but now I am a year behind in the trial. And so it goes.

PLB