From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 18:05:14 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

While on  the Irish list I quickly realized many felt bringing in outside
genetics  was not a good idea as they felt A.mm was all they needed. We all
have got  our opinions and rightly so.

However when rules tie the hands of people  trying to improve bee stock then
in my opinion new rules need to be made  which allow both sides some leeway.

The trouble is that your 'improvement' is not confined to your own hives  and
drones from your imported stock will cross with your neighbours' queens
resulting in some very bad tempered bees.

Chris