From:
Ted Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 00:58:37 -0400
Gary Lewis wrote:

>  there was a nice patern of of new eggs and brood. My concern is
> there are very few workers in the hive. I fear I will end up with the
> new hive and queen dying. What can I do?
>
> I have another hive that is in good shape bringing in nectar and some
> pollen.
> Can I and should I switch the hives allowing the field force from the
> strong hive come in to the hive with the new queen in it?

Your new queen will eventually produce enough new bees to eliminate the
population problem.  They won't produce more brood than they can take care
of.  However, reversing the hives is an old and good method for rapid
equalization of populations.  It can be done easily during a honey flow
with no untoward effects.

Ted Fischer
Dexter, Michigan USA