From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:54:03 +0000
Peter

With respect, I have not made any attack on you or your veracity-I merely
observed that your original post which gave data for two years, without any
indication as to how these were selected, was not  a reliable way to
indicate a change in yield.

To my mind the data that you now quote from Roger Morse make my point more
clearly.  There is considerable year to year variation, so simply quoting
the average values from two specific years is not a reliable method of
demonstrating a change.

There are some interesting data from R O B Manley's bee farm in England
presented in the book "The World of a Bee Farmer" by J H B Rawson,
published by Northern Bee Books 2008.  Over the period from 1949 to 1966
(Both dates inclusive) Manley's yields from 1500-1600 colonies ranged from
2 tonnes to 82 tons with an average value of 27 tons-or roughly 40 lbs per
colony per year average, but with a range of 3 to 122 lbs per colony per
year

regards

Mike Rowbottom
Harrogate