From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:55:14 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I have noticed on EBAY that there is usually a person selling burlap for
> smokers in the beekeeping area.  I see it for about $1.50 per pound.

Good grief!

I must get busy on E-bay. I am using a stack of jute obtained four or five
years ago now from one of the factories in Dundee. I get the old bale
wrappers and sacks and thread cut off failed bobbins.

They are glad to get someone to take it. A dozen jars of honey got us two
fills of our van, right to the roof, I reckon about three to four tonnes of
it. We still have about four pallets of it. At the E-bay price that is worth
a fortune.

The works had about 50 tonnes of this stuff at the time and our dozen jars
got us as much as we could take away, the lot if we wanted as it would save
them disposing of it. This particular works is now closed, with all its
machinery and production transferred to Bangladesh, but there are still a few
factories where this stuff can be had.

Not many competitors for collecting the stuff ex-works in Scotland on this
list though so I am lucky.

Murray