From:
Paul Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 09:05:40 -0700
At 9:16 -0600 9/3/98, Rett Thorpe wrote:
>The list seemed a little slow this morning so I thought I would take
>advantage and post a quick question to everyone.
>
>Based on advice from wise members on Bee-L I have decided to requeen my
>both of my two year old hives, however with exception of the day I
>installed my packages I have never seen the queens.  Not that I haven't
>looked.  I have looked many times.  I always see signs of the queen, but
>never the queen.

I've had times when I could not find the queen in a small hive in spite of
going through all the frames twice. She was there because I saw her a few
days before and a few days after. Usually the queen is really easy to spot.
Just keep looking. She is much bigger than the worker bees and has a
waspish looking abdomen. Don't confuse her with a drone, which is usually
darker and has a round cylindrical abdomen.

Paul

Paul Nicholson               Electronic Imaging Systems, Inc.
TEL 805 532 1068             5148 Commerce Avenue, Unit F
FAX 805 532 1065             Moorpark, CA 93021 U.S.A.
[log in to unmask]              http://www.eisusa.com