From:
Walt Barricklow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 06:06:03 -0500
I need some help on this one.  Last fall I put on an additional deep hive
body, to reduce the chance of
swarming. It is my understanding that through the winter, bees will move up
in the hive. So far winter
here is low 40s to 50s in the south.  I want to take out one of the deep
supers, and thought that the best
one would be the bottom, as the bees will mostly bee in the top two deep
supers by late January. I do
not want to split the hive or requeen, just get the bees ready for spring
in two deep  supers. I thought
early in the morning when temps are lower might work.  Ive never tried this
before, so any help will be
greatly appreciated.  tnx walt