From:
Jim Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:36:32 EDT
        I'm a first year beekeeper and have switched to
disposable latex gloves. I buy a box of a hundred at
the local pharmacy. They offer much better feel and the
bees don't seem to sting the latex as fast as bare
skin. The bees were all over the leather gloves it
used, more so as the gloves got dirtier. The latex also
avoids sticky hands from the propolis on hot days. I
use then once and throw them away which provides
excellent hygiene. I also used them when I extracted
and it was great.

        I think the best feature though is that
removing the occational stinger is quick and easy. You
just pull the latex away from the skin and out comes
the stinger.