From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:36:38 -0600
Subject:       Re: VARROA

> >where can i find a description of the method using mineral oil strips?

> I don't think you can. It seems to be a deep dark secret for some reason.

It is not a deep dark secret. It was revealed in detail at the Virginia
meeting of the ABF by Dr. Rodriguez.

The method is still somewhat preliminary, not having undergone scrutiny by
other workers, but has shown itself to be promising.  The method is also
a bit labour intensive at present.  Dr. Rodriguez is working on
verifying his results and finding an application procedure that requires
less manipulation..

Dr. Rodriguez found himself in the middle of a bit of controversy at the
time he first started to revealed his findings, since scientists typically
release their findings to other scientists first, receive a review, then
proceed to publicize the results.

Since the convention he has been working on his paper and looking for the
appropriate moment for publication. I have offered to put his article on a
web site for all to see and evaluate, however he is not ready yet.

You can write him direct at <[log in to unmask]> and ask him if he
will explain the procedure to you.  I would be surprised if he would not.

(Please CC me the results if you do so).

TIA

Allen