From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:23:22 -0500
These are a few of my favorite things:

Duct Tape.

Yup! I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in Maine, the
general handyman attitude is "If you can't fix it with duct tape, it ain't
broke". I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but it sure is handy. I
can't imagine not having a roll or 2 kicking around. I find plenty of uses
for it around my apiary. It's easier to list the things you can't use duct
tape for... sorry, can't think of any right now!

Sheet rock screws.

I always have a few in my pocket and a jar of them in my toolbox (along
with various nails and a small hammer). They're good for anything from
digging out a splinter to repairing a broken frame or sticking two boxes
together. Needless to say, it helps having a battery powered screw gun, or
at least a phiplips screw driver.

Magnifying glass.

The old eyes ain't what they used to be. Handy for examing combs and
looking for eggs or checking out an interesting rock or insect and on at
least on one occassion, lighting my smoker when I'd forgotten matches :)

George-