Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
>> "the leadership has completely and utterly 
>> disenfranchised any member unable to make 
>> it to North Syracuse,NY on a Friday 
>> afternoon in November, ..."

> It's not like the current Board made this the way it is. 

Oh, no, of course not!  The first vote at the Nov 2013 meeting was to end proxy voting, and THEN the current board was promptly elected.  The assembled voters, many attending their first ESHPA meeting ever, were remarkably well-informed on both the specific obscure parliamentary issue of limiting who could vote and howthey could vote in the future, and on who to elect to board seats.  One wonders how so many new members could become so suddenly... organized... focused... almost as if... naw, that's crazy.

> Your wording implies that the current Board did this and did this on purpose.

I am not one to see a gunman behind every grassy knoll, but the current board is the RESULT of the overt disenfranchisement, not the architects of the disenfranchisement. It is understood that you inherited all this, and were unaware of the manipulations that led to your taking a seat as the ultimately liable party holding the bag.

> Our forebears set these days for our meeting days some time in the distant past,

But they allowed proxy voting as a method of allowing those who could not attend to still vote.  While proxy voting is understood to be a deeply flawed approach, one does not want to throw democracy itself out with the bathwater. It should have been replaced, not eliminated without replacement.

> Did you mention this to any of the previous Presidents and Boards?

Prior to the 11/2013 meeting, proxy voting still existed, so there was still a plausible way for everyone to vote.

> I don't mean to seem ungrateful. It just seems like you may be expecting instant and almost retroactive change.

I don't mean to seem hostile.  Note that I have well-insulated you from being accused of participation in the manipulations that led to the current overlap documented by Peter Borst, where members of the AIAC have, in essence, implemented a "hostile takeover" of ESHPA. So, let's summarize, shall we?  The Nov meeting created a situation where the bulk of dues-paying members cannot vote at all without extraordinary effort.  The terms most often used to describe such changes are "Coup", "Oligarchy", and "Cronyism".

I am not sure, but the situation as it stands seems to have inadvertently caused ESHPA to crease to exist as a valid legal entity, as it has established what is essentially a self-electing and self-perpetuating board. The only way to fix this may well involve "retroactive change", I dunno, I'm not a expert parliamentarian.  

But one cannot have an organization that suddenly ups and makes it impossible for the majority of its own membership to vote on policy and elect officers. It is an inherently corrupt situation, and claims of innocent intentions that led to the situation are nothing but an admission of how easy it is for self-interested parties to outwit a bunch of beekeepers.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2