From:
Stellio Matson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 16:39:22 -0700
> we are concerned that active ingredients may affect honey bees
> differently depending on the formulation ingredients in
> agrochemicals used around apiaries or where bees forage.
> Organosiloxane surfactants have super-penetrant and
> super-spreading activities compared to all other classes of
> surfactants and greatly increase pesticide efficacy, and
> thus expectedly are more ecotoxic.

Were straying away from the Roundup and Bees issue, but in the
case above, the researchers havn't justified their concerns
because havn't first provided direct, epidemiological or even
anecdotal real world field evidence of substantial harm to
foraging honeybees or other pollinators after 1/2 cup of
organosiloxane surfactant was used in a spray mixture
per acre vs 1/2 cup of conventional surfactant.

In other words, if the researchers are denied the money
to study the potential impact of pesticides containing 1/2 cup
organosiloxane surfactant vs conventional surfactant are
there likely going to be substantial consequences to bees
and other pollinators considering that consequences from
organosiloxane usage to date have not been been even
anecdotally noticed?

Paul Cherubini
El Dorado, Calif.