From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 01:08:00 GMT
*Ripped off the sci.agr.beekeeping news group as someone asked a similar
question in both groups.<G>
JT>From: Jane Teas <[log in to unmask]>
  >Subject: International Honey Prices

JT>Hi.  I would like to find out where I could get a listing for national
  >and international honey prices.  Who monitors honey?  Is it available on
  >the Internet?

Hello Jane,

  If you want information on prices paid for honey produced or imported
into the US the American Bee Journal or Gleanings are very good.

If you want the official US USDA government NATIONAL HONEY MARKET NEWS,
it's $36.00 for 12 months to US-Canada_Mexico, and for others it's
$72.00 for 12 months.

The address for this is:

United States Department of Agriculture
Agricultural Marketing Service - FV
Market News Branch
2015 South First Street Room 4
Yakima WA 98903-9901

Bee sure and tell them you read about it here in this beekeeping news
group.

The American Beekeeping Federation also has had a FAX system connecting
buyer with sellers, I don't recall what they charge and you have to be a
member. I am told it has worked out real good for those who trade in
truck lots, 40-60 drums.

Yes, I think this information should be FREE and available via the
internet, especially the USDA Government's NATIONAL HONEY MARKET NEWS,
but I can't cause that to happen by myself and until enough US honey
producers find their way to the internet we can expect to continue to
bee ripped off by the USDA as we are one of the only large public
agricultural groups that is asked to pay. It is sad as much of the
information comes from beekeepers and the plant condition reports from
producers is very interesting to all beekeepers big and small.

                                ttul, the OLd Drone

(c) Permission is granted to freely copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.
(w)Opinions are not necessarily facts. Use at own risk.
---
 ~ QMPro 1.53 ~ Let the honey flow!!!!!