From:
Tracey Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 22:26:31 -0500
Interesting, perhaps, but could you explain what all the acronyms mean? ABS? M2? Ratio of Hygroregulation? And could you define "metabolic water" as you're using it  because I think you're using it differently than a physiologist would. And How did you do those calculations? This is frustratingly unintelligible without some added interpretation.

Nevertheless, thanks for looking into this. As we discussed, I'm studying something along these lines at an individual level so I'm looking forward to seeing what you can figure out at a colony level.

Maybe I've mentioned this before to others on here before but I'm currently studying vapour pressure deficit's impact on bee health in a PhD program. Speaking of science, not only does one often get unexpected results, which I've happily experienced, but science is SLOW. Having to apply for grants before doing research is slow and the entire process to publication takes a surprisingly long time. I'm working on writing up results now, then I need to do another season of field work, and then I'm writing some more and then maybe I'll be able to share results this time next year. In the end, I may have only discovered it's more fun to be an inquisitive "hobbyist" :)

Tracey
Alberta, Canada