Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:17:43 -0500
>Allen, I'm greatly appreciating this interesting real-time data!

Yes.  I'm quite enjoying this project, and it goes to show how we can work together on the Internet.  I'd like to see more people try this and other projects.  I think there may be others out there doing something similar.  If so, please post URLs.

I got the idea from Charlie's post here some time back.  He is involved in a much more ambitious and sophisticated project which may have some far-reaching effects.  Maybe he will post the URL again and some comments on the project or some URLs to pages discussing this.

In my case, I should mention that the chart presented at http://www.honeybeeworld.com/JanChart.jpg is adjusted and smoothed a bit, and that there have been periods of up to 5 days -- flat sections in the blue line -- when no one made a reading, and that the intermediate values were interpolated from the end point readings.

Viewers can imagine their own fluctuations in those sections.

Keeners can have the whole data set in .odf fomat at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1605400/ScaleHiveWinterJan2.ods .

That file will change as I update it.