Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 14:20:47 -0800
We've only done it once this worked well: we heated the wax to 10-20F above melting point.  Cut the bristles of a 4" chip brush down to about 1" long and use that to paint the wax on.  If the wax isn't a few degrees above its melting point, it will not stay liquid long enough.  Don't have any idea whether it was he season or whether the bees like local (familiarly scented)wax better than whatever Pierco uses, but those frames were adopted quickly.

Quoting Owen Watson <[log in to unmask]>:

> Only unwaxed frames are available here (I think). I waxed mine by
> pouring on a little molten wax and spreading it out with a spatula.
> Are there better ways?

Richard Yarnell, Shambles Workshops, Beavercreek, OR