From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:46:14 -0500
Hello All,
I am always looking at what is happening in U.S. beekeeping areas.

The Weather service reports 81% of Texas and 69% of Oklahoma are in *extreme
drought*.Texans are used to drought but not like now they say.

Why should I be so interested (besides concern for my fellow beekeepers) ?

These guys have been feeding for weeks with little if any honey crop.
Chinese honey arrives in Texas ports and is cheap. Whenever beekeepers buy
Chinese honey the Chinese see and opportunity to increase honey coming into
the U.S. by whatever country they can find or method.

I have never purchased foreign honey and never will but some of my friends
think differently.

Another interesting fact gleaned from a History channel documentary. The
documentary on the Mexican cartels *claims* 71% of Mexico is controlled by
the
cartels. Wow!

The Mexican government only has control over 29% of the country. There are
large parts even Mexican troops refuse to enter and killings are commonplace
daily.

I have been *told* by Mexican beekeepers to stay in business they pay a
percent to the cartels. All businesses in areas of organized crime either
pay or bad things happen.

Could the above happen on the border areas of the southwest?

I was told and should not really say but U.S. beekeepers wanting Mexican
bees might ( most likely) have to kickback to the organized cartels or risk
trucks and bee
hives trashed.

For a higher kickback the cartels will guarantee the trucks safe passage
through the areas of road bandits which pay a percent to the cartels to loot
and kidnap as they want.

bob